Couscous… The food so nice they named it twice, this chorizo couscous will blow your mind with it’s simplicity and tastiness.
Couscous has been around since the 13th century, it’s archaic and god damned delicious. There’s a million reasons why you should be eating couscous, it’s healthy as hell and cheap to boot!
For me it’s been a real game changer in my university packed lunches, it’s incredibly versatile and you can pretty much add anything you can think of to it. This recipe calls for five simple ingredients…. That’s right! JUST FIVE!
Quit mucking about with flaky & soggy pre-packaged sandwiches and throw a big handful of couscous in some tupperware and be the envy of all your friends (Don’t forget a fork though, I did last week and it wasn’t pleasant) Expect many more couscous recipes to come, chorizo couscous is just the beginning.
Shout out to my boy couscous, you the man!
Chorizo Couscous Ingredients
- 200g Couscous
- 2 Inches of chorizo
- 400ml stock (Chicken or vegetable advised)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Parsley to garnish
1) Slice up your chorizo, cut more than you’ll need as if you’re like me you’ll inevitably pick at it.
2) You’re gonna want to fry your chorizo until it is crisp to release it’s delicious flavour. I generally dry fry mine but feel free to add oil… if you’re into that.
3) Add 200g of couscous to your chorizo pan, give it a stir to ensure the chorizo oil coats the couscous
4) I made 400 ml of vegetable stock with boiling water in a jug. Proceed to pour this onto your couscous until it is covered, measurements don’t have to be exact, just don’t drown it. Cover with a plate and leave it for 10 mins.
5) Take off the plate, add the paprika and then fluff the couscous. Then add the parsley to garnish. All done!
[…] They’re great with couscous, I photographed this recipe at the same time alongside my couscous recipe and it complimented it perfectly (enough that I ate both fillets in a single sitting) […]
We do something like this, but with a handful of frozen peas, chopped peppers, frozen sweetcorn, whatever is lying around really.
So true! Couscous is great for providing a base for any leftovers knocking around in the fridge. Do you have a favourite couscous recipe?
My hangover couscous: chorizo, sweetcorn and garlic