Yogurt Topped Flapjack Recipe
My first blogged foray into baking. Here’s hoping that this yogurt topped flapjack recipe is up to scratch.
I’ve been making this simple yogurt topped flapjack recipe since the start of university – they’re a great way to ease yourself into the world of baking and a great way to apologise to neighbours for making too much noise!
They’re also guaranteed to be infinitely better for you than the sugary and stodgy lumps that the SU shop will try and palm off on you. The recipe can be tweaked as much as you want. I only started adding the frozen berries recently but feel they are a tasty, nutritious and cheap way to jazz up your flapjack!
So preheat your oven,chuck your apron on and challenge your housemate to a bake off. Winner gets to lick the bowl.
- 200g porridge Oats
- 5 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 150g Butter
- Handful of frozen mixed berries
- 8 tsp yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp icing sugar
1) Preheat your oven to 180c
2) Put a medium sized saucepan on a low heat.
3) Melt your butter and then add the golden syrup to the pan, stir until thoroughly mixed.
4) Put your frozen berries and oats in a mixing bowl
5) Add the butter / syrup mix and coat thoroughly.
6) Grease a medium sized baking tray with butter.
7) Scoop the mix out and push down until the tray is full
8) Bake this mix in the oven for 15 minutes
9) Whilst baking – mix 8 tsp of low fat yogurt, 1 tsp icing sugar and 1 tsp vanilla essence in a bowl. This is an essential part of the yogurt topped flapjack recipe!
10) After baking remove your flapjack from the oven and ice with your yogurt mix.
11) Put back into the oven for 5/10 minutes (depending on how crispy you like it)
12) Remove from oven and leave to cool, these are even better once chilled… if you have the patience….