green pepper and Sriracha Tuna mayonnaise quesadilla
Now this, this is a student staple. In between long stints at the library and unavoidable seminars I used to chow down on these. This tuna mayonnaise quesadilla is a quick, easy and healthy alternative to a questionable sandwich from the SU shop.
- 1 can drained Tuna chunks
- 1/2 can drained sweetcorn
- 1/2 diced pepper
- 3 tsp Light mayonnaise
- Squirt of lemon juice
- Squirt of sriracha extra hot sauce
- Tortilla Wrap
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Pineapple (For reals)
1) Relatively little prep for this one, dice your green pepper and then open / drain your tuna and sweetcorn.
3) Mix until desired consistency, I like to leave mine a little chunky.
Add your wrap to the grill and then add just enough filling, this stage is trial and error dependant upon the size of your wrap, don’t get too tuna mayo happy or it will erupt out of the sides.
At this stage cheese can be added, I didn’t add any at this point as I wanted mine to be a little bit less fatty. You can also add pineapple at this stage for a very interesting taste experience.
6) Remove your wrap from the grill once warmed through, you can leave it until it’s a bit crispier if that’s your preference.
7) Slip some lettuce into your quesadilla if you want, the reason I left this until the end is because I have a real aversion to limp lettuce and enjoy the crunch.
8) Bathe in the warm light of the tasty tuna mayonnaise quesadilla you have made.